[转载]Textbook grammar v.s. conversational grammar

[复制链接]

主题

好友

积分

白银长老

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

发表于 2017-12-26 01:26 PM |显示全部楼层
Most of the English learners have been learning for years, but most of them still confuse about grammar rules. Most of them still not sure about how to use the correct grammar rules, especially when you are having conversation. If you were one of them, you might have been thinking, how can I learn grammar rules and speak English with perfect grammar. Well, keep reading and you will find the answer.
Let’s talk about why most of people have failed to understand grammar. There are 2 reasons:

1.) A lot of textbook using very difficult explanation for grammar rules.

2.) A lot of teachers don’t know how to teach grammar.

If you have been learning English for a while, and still don’t understand grammar, perhaps these are the reason. Of course, there are still some courses out there and provide you good English teacher to teach you grammar. So let’s assume you have already good at grammar, you did well in test and score A for exam. But the problem you are facing now, might be how to apply correct grammar rules when you speak. It is because what you have been learning, it is called “textbook grammar”.

What is textbook grammar?
Textbook grammar is something that you will learned when you were in primary/secondary school or when you sign up for language school. It is classroom English, teachers teach you the grammar rules, then you have to do some exercise, take the test, pass the exam, then you are good at English.

However, most English learners who got high marks in English exam, don’t really know how to use correct grammar rules in speaking. Therefore, you have to learn”conversational grammar”

What is conversational grammar?
Just like the name, conversational grammar is about how to use the correct grammar in conversation. This is something that you can learned neither from government school nor from private language centre. Basically, you have to speak in each tenses, you will be trained how to ask and answer questions in each tense, these are some example.

Simple Present Tense

Q: What sport do you like?

A: I like playing badminton.

Q: How often do you play badminton?

A: I play badminton once per week.

Q: Are you good at badminton.

A: No, I just play for fun.

Simple Past Tense

Q: What did you do yesterday?

A: I went to cinema.

Q: What movie did you watch?

A: I watched Fast and Furious 8

Q: Wow, how was the movie?

A: It was fun, I had a good time.

Q: What did you do after that?

A: I went home with my family.

Simple Future Tense

A: Jane is rushing, where is she going to?

B: She is going to airport, she is going to Russia.

A: Russia is a very cold country, she is going to need a lot of thick clothes.

B: Yes, you are right. I bet she is going to have very good experience too.

A: It is going to take 10 hours from here to Moscow by flight, it is going to be a long flight.

B: Yes, she hasn’t had lunch yet, I think she is going to be hungry very soon.

Of course, you can also learned present perfect tense, present continuous tense, past continuous tense and other tenses too. So, if you want to learn more about ‘conversational grammar’, please visit our website and sign up for our course. Visit learnenglishwitheric.com for more information.

转载自:http://learnenglishwitheric.com/ ... ersational-grammar/

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

JBTALKS.CC |联系我们 |隐私政策 |Share

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 01:40 PM , Processed in 0.098024 second(s), 22 queries .